Email marketing is one of the most effective tactics for driving sales. According to a study by ExactTarget, 77% of consumers prefer to receive permission-based marketing communications through email.
Quality communication with your prospects and customers can get you closer to that nirvana of people actually looking forward to your message.
Below are 22 awe-inspiring email marketing statistics. Check them out:
- 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email.
- Roughly half of an email list will be active – either opening or clicking on emails.
- Subject lines fewer than 10 characters long had an open rate of 58%.
- Personalized subject lines are 22.2% more likely to be opened.
- For B2B companies, subject lines that contained “money,” “revenue,” and “profit” performed the best.
- 64% of people say they open an email because of the subject line.
- 7 in 10 people say they made use of a coupon or discount from a marketing email in the prior week.
- 39% of marketers have no strategy for mobile email.
- 72% of B2B buyers are most likely to share useful content via email.
- 56% of businesses say they plan to increase their use of email marketing.
- Monday emails had the highest revenue per email.
- 27% of consumers were more likely to say their favorite companies should invest in more email.
- 1 in 2 marketers use animated gifs in their email campaigns.
- This year, about 84% of all email traffic will be spam.
- Emails that include social sharing buttons have a 158% higher click-through rate.
- Women click 10% more often than men on mobile emails.
- Email marketing spend grows 10% year over year.
- 40% of B2B marketers rated the leads generated by email marketing as high quality.
- For every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investment.
- 82% of consumers open emails from companies.
- 64% of decision-makers read their email via mobile devices.
- There were 4.3 billion email accounts in 2016.
Sources: convinceandconvert.com, epsilon.com, adestra.com, cmbinfo.com, bluekangaroo.com, econsultancy.com, earnest-agency.com, icontact.com, experian.com, exacttarget.com, radicati.com, getresponse.com, tailoredmail.com, forrester.com, softwareadvice.com, litmus.com, toprankblog.com