Home » Marketing Tips » 4 Tips To Improve Your Facebook Strategy

Facebook Strategies

4 Tips To Improve Your Facebook Strategy

Tip #1 - Post 1 to 2 Times a Day

Studies have shown that the recommended posting on Facebook is 1-2 times a day during the week and once a day on the weekend. Posting more than 2 times a day can give off a “spam” vibe to your community. As always, I suggest that you use caution and monitor your community’s engagement.

The algorithm for Facebook filters posts based on what it believes users want to see, so focus on creating quality content that will attract the most engagement. It’s not about how many posts you publish in a day, it’s about the content you’re sharing with your community.

If posting every day seems too difficult to maintain, I recommend at least posting on the following days.

Recommended Days to Post on Facebook:

• Thursday
• Friday
• Saturday
• Sunday

As you figure out the day(s) of the week you want to focus on, keep in mind that posting can also be an effective strategy. For example, one week you may want to post on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The second week you might want to post Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. This will allow you to compare which days give you the most engagement, and as a result, adjust your posting schedule to best fit your community.

Tip: People are happier on Friday, so try and create content that is funny or upbeat to support that “happy feeling.”

Tip #2 - The Best Time to Post

Planning and scheduling your posts for certain times of the day will give you the best opportunity for engagement.

Here are some recommended times that are generally accepted as peak times for Facebook users.

Recommended Times to Post on Facebook:

• 9:00am
• 1:00pm
• 3:00pm

As you incorporate these posting times, you will want to do some testing to fine tune your posting schedule. For example, you can post at 9:00 am for one week and the following week at 1:00 pm. This will allow you to compare engagement and provide greater insight around when your community is active on Facebook.

Tip: Posting between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm should give you the best chance in culminating shares and likes.

Tip #3 - The 80/20 Rule

The 80/20 rule is a great strategy to help balance your Facebook post. Use 80 percent of your Facebook posts to inform, educate, and entertain. Use the other 20 percent to directly promote your brand to your community. If you’re constantly pitching your product and services yoru followers will likely scroll past your content every time they see it.

But if you provide enough valuable content to keep your followers engaged, they’ll be open to learning about your products and services in those 20 percent of posts that offer a more sales-focused message.

Tip #4 - Schedule Postings

Take advantage of the Facebook option to schedule post on your business page. If you have some extra time (what is “extra time”, right?), write a few post and schedule them out for the entire week. This will help keep you on a schedule and help you to consistently post.

Contact Dara's Design for more tips or marketing help.