With the spread of the COVID 19 virus, we have seen many changes in the past few months. Some businesses have completely closed and many are struggling to survive. As some of the world starts to re-open, businesses need to re-think how they will market their brand. The marketing landscape has changed drastically and how you marketed in the past will not work now.
Below are 5 marketing tips to focus on.
- Email Marketing – Consumers are taking the time to open more emails from brands. It makes sense, considering people have been spending more time at home and less time dealing with the normal hustle and bustle of daily life. Market search shows that email open rates are up about 21% compared to January – March of this year.
- Social Media – More people are on social media now, scanning for updates and trying to stay connected in a suddenly isolated nation. This is a time to really show compassion to others and help out where you can. This is a time we all need to be sensitive — and not too salesy or pushy — but it’s a great opportunity for your brand to stand out during a difficult time.
- Video – With so many people staying home now, YouTube has seen an increase of 15.3% of video views since the COVID 19 pandemic started. You have a captivated audience so now is a great time to make that video you that you have been putting off.
- Review Your Imagery and Language Used – Visual communication is powerful and so are the words we use. It’s important to think about the messages your brand is sending during this pandemic time.
- Avoid visuals of crowds or people touching. This includes people working in offices or at social gatherings out of the house.
- Reframe marketing language that describes close interaction. Reconsider figurative language like “get in touch,” “work hand in hand,” or “get closer to your customers.” Messages encouraging immediate interaction may be deeply scrutinized.
- Swap out visuals. If you have current or upcoming campaign visuals that may be tricky, revise the imagery now or push the timeline to later in the year.
- Local SEO and Your Online Reputation More Relevant Now – We all have reduced our travel and are staying close to home. In the rare times when we do leave our house, we’re looking for nearby destinations for services and supplies. So you want to make sure your business is using local SEO strategies to optimize your website for “near me” searches. You want customers in your geo region to be able to easily find you online so they turn to you first. At a time when we’re all looking for more convenience, this gives your business a chance to provide assistance during a critical time for families.
Another way to boost your local SEO during this time is to not forget about the importance of adding positive reviews. During the coronavirus, online reputation management is as important as ever because this is a great time to really connect with your target audience during a chaotic time.
Dara’s Design now offers a bundle for Local SEO and Reputation Management for $55/month. Click here for more information.
Don’t let this opportunity slip by. Now is a great time to work on your spring/summer marketing plan.
Dara’s Design is committed to help businesses like yours now and in the future. Contact us today to see how we can help elevate your marketing.