Did you know that 46% of all Google searches seek local information? “Near me” searches have grown 130% year-over-year since 2015, making Local SEO a significant growth opportunity for every small business. Not only is Local SEO an especially effective way to generate visibility, it also helps you boost site traffic, increase engagement and drive sales.
If you are a local business, Local SEO success is a very big deal!
“SEO” (search engine optimization) simply describes whether, and how easily, your customers learn about you. Add “LOCAL” and we’re talking about the many ways your customers not only learn about you, but also literally find their way to your place of business.
No matter what business you are in, no matter who your customers are, they are online accessing information (and may be looking for you!) from a connected device, including a computer, but today, most probably a smart phone.
Let’s go into just a bit more detail:
- Most information is found through a search engine; the most well-known example is Google. So, of course, your business needs to be prominent on Google. NOTE: You definitely need a website that is structured correctly in order for this to work. Any questions or concerns, contact us. We can help!
- But, Local SEO means much more than Google. And, that’s because there are many other search engines that matter. Consider: Facebook, Yelp, Google Maps, Trip Advisor, YellowPages and many, many more sites all have search engines. And, your business needs to be prominent on all of them!
- And, once your business is found, you need to present a consistent, professional, up-to-date and compelling face to your customer. Your online presence is the equivalent of your 21st century business card.
How are you doing?
- Is your business “claimed” on all the relevant search engines (Google, Facebook, Bing, Yahoo! and more)?
- Are your “backlinks” correct on all the online business directories (YellowPages, Zillow, Foursquare)?
- Are you utilizing content strategically (on Google My Business and social sites like Facebook? Creating and posting PR and Email Marketing? Encouraging consumer reviews?)
- This may seem obvious, but is all your contact information current and correct across all business directories? This matters a lot to the major search engines!
- Have your customers mentioned you positively and prominently on the consumer review sites most relevant in your industry (Yelp, Trip Advisor, Google, Facebook)?
- Are your social sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) active and up-to-date?
Your business is being judged every day based on your online presence. Let’s work together to make it shine!